he American Concrete Institute has released ACI 318-19 Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete.
The document includes:
- Major technical changes in higher reinforcing steel yield strengths
- The addition of shotcrete and deep foundation provisions
- Seismic requirements for deep foundations and other applications
- Vertical seismic motions
- Nonlinear analysis for seismic design
- Modification to development length equations
- Updated shear design provisions and equations
The document also identifies qualification training programs for inspectors/installers and lists certification requirements. The final code requirements of ACI 318-19 are expected to be referenced in the 2021 International Building Code.